HomeNews13 people hospitalized due to dangerous carbon monoxide levels at an Ohio...

13 people hospitalized due to dangerous carbon monoxide levels at an Ohio hotel swimming pool

Dangerous levels of carbon monoxide were detected at a Hampton Inn in Marysville, Ohio.

Ohio hotel:

They are among 13 people, including an unconscious 2-year-old girl, who were hospitalized in the incident Saturday night in Marysville, Ohio.

Two critical patients — now stabilized — and five serious-but-stable patients have been transferred to tertiary care facilities, according to Melanie Ziegler, VP of Community Engagement for Memorial Health who spoke to CNN Sunday morning.

The hotel had been evacuated Saturday after a 911 call reported the young girl unconscious, Police Chief Tony Brooks said.

“Shortly after this call, the local 911 Center received additional calls (referencing) unconscious subjects in and around the pool area,” Brooks told CNN via email. “Others described symptoms such as dizziness and a burning in their throat.”

Nine people, including the 2-year-old, were taken to local hospitals, and four others arrived to the hospital on their own, Brooks said. Two other people received medical evaluations at the scene and were not hospitalized.

“We did have life threatening levels of carbon monoxide in the pool area of the hotel and we transported several people to local hospitals,” Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley told CNN in an email. “We continue the investigation into the source and (are) glad that no one died as a result of their exposure.”

Marysville is about 30 miles northwest of Columbus.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can cause sudden illness and death. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain as well as confusion, according to the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments

WP Twitter Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com